Toaq Delta is the current version of Toaq, released on December 6, 2022. It is described in the Toaq Delta Reference Grammar.
Changes from Gamma
- New consonant /w~j/ written Ꝡꝡ.
- Vowel y /ə/ is gone. There are new diphthongs like /e.u/ or /i.ɛj/.
- Syllables can end in /m/ in addition to /ŋ/.
- There are 4 tones, down from 7.
- There is a new system of derivational prefixes.
- Some typographic conventions are established: commas around clauses, ? at the end of a question.
- A new writing system, Derani.
- Determiners take the rising tone .
- ní is a determiner.
- The new glottal tone marks subordinating function words. Notably, it doesn't go on verbs.
- New complementizers: old is replaced by ꝡä or é, and is replaced by ꝡë.
- Old tones and merged into the single adjunct tone .
- We have Full Arguments and auto-terminating clauses.
- New pronouns.
- róu, zé etc are gone: instead, attach hú- to any head to refer back to the phrase headed by it.
- Many uses of bı are replaced by the cleft verb nä. Only real topics use bï.
- Adjectives come after the "noun" now.
- Object incorporation is richer.
- Sentence prefixes (JE) are gone. Use connectives or interjections instead.
- Forethought connectives (TO) are gone.
- Connectives can be tone-conjugated to change how closely they bind.
- chufaq → chum, naby → nam…
- hóı is now the vocative marker and hú the "aforementioned" determiner (they swapped places).